About

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Making the effort

Melbourne Cup is now over for another year!
This is the first year in many years I have not been mad hattering away every day and night for weeks leading up to The Cup.
I am usually so exhausted and uninterested in thinking about putting a hat on my head once that last hat has been picked up (usually on the morning of The Cup).

This is what I ended up wearing
As I am no longer making hats, this was my first year to enjoy the festivities, and that I did!

The morning went on and I put a couple of potential outfits out and then went about what I was doing all of a sudden it was 11.00am then it was midday and we were meeting at 1.00pm.  I had to have a shower, wash my hair do my nails and make up and sort out how the hat would stay on my head.

Needless to say I love an opportunity to dress up and wear a hat but it does take a bit of an effort, of course it is well worth it when you win best hat, which I did !!!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Love your outfit! That dress is gorgeous and the hat is so fun.

style for real people said...

Thank you Jane, love an opportunity to dress up!